Are you interested in joining our residential community? We periodically have room openings. Currently, all rooms are filled.
The Lamont Dharma House is a gathering place for all who seek freedom of mind and heart, located in the Mt. Pleasant neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Our mission is to support people deepening their spiritual practice by offering a space for meditation, yoga, talks, classes, and other events. We aim to grow mindful community in the D.C. area, inspired especially by buddhist and yogic teachings, and we welcome people of all ages, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, disabilities, religions, political views, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Potential housemates have an established meditation or yoga practice, and wants to deepen that practice in community with others. They are interested in participating in and helping organize the meditation, yoga, and other events we regularly host in our home. Living in a community like the Lamont Dharma House is a unique opportunity to bring your meditation and/or yoga practice to the center of your life, and to explore how community can support your practice in powerful ways.
The Lamont Dharma House is committed to inclusivity and to cultivating a community that reflects the diversity of our society and our world. People of color, LGBTQI and people with disabilities are warmly encouraged to apply. Please see our accessibility statement.
Our 3 story townhouse is divided between a meditation and yoga space on the first floor and private living space – bedrooms, kitchen, living/dining room, washer/dryer – on the second and third floors. There is also a backyard with a beautiful garden and a firepit, a shaded deck off the second floor, a guest room, and a basement for storage. We are a short walk from a seasonal farmer’s market, restaurants and cafes, a couple neighborhood grocery stores and a number of bus lines (43,43,S2,S4) as well as the Columbia Heights metro station.
If you’re interested, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Here are some things we’d be interested to know…
- Please tell us a bit about yourself, including: what is your spiritual practice? What do you do for fun and work?
- Tell us why you are interested in being a part of the Lamont Dharma House.
- Tell us your experiences living in community: have you lived in community before? What were the challenges and what did you enjoy? If you haven’t lived in community before, what is calling you to it now?
- What, if any, engagement have you had with our house?
- If you were to move in, what activities and responsibilities would you be most interested in participating in or leading?
truth * love